Situated in the historic city of Ballarat, Sovereign Hill is located in Bradshaw Street and can be easily accessed by car, or by train and tour coach services which operate daily from Melbourne. Sovereign Hill is a comfortable 90-minute drive from Melbourne along the Western Highway (or only an hour from Melbourne Airport). Once in Ballarat, just follow the brown and white tourist signs to Sovereign Hill.
The Goldrush Special is a V/Line train initiative where a courtesy return coach service meets trains at Ballarat station to bring visitors directly to Sovereign Hill.
After four and a half hours in our award winning attraction, the coach will return visitors back to Ballarat station for their journey home.
Contact one of the following to arrange transport to Ballarat
- Gray Line Day tours: Ph 1300 85 86 87
- Great Sights: Ph 1300 850 850
- AAT Kings Tours: Ph 1300 228 546
- APT: Ph 1300 336 932 or 03 8526 1300
- Bunyip Tours: Ph 03 9650 9680
- Melbourne’s Best Tours: Ph 03 9397 4911 or 1300 130 550 from anywhere within Australia
- Ballarat Coachlines 03 5316 7200
- V/Line www.vline.com.au/groups or contact V/Line on 136 196 to discuss the special travel arrangements.